Sunny is a free spirit and adventurer. Formerly a hard-charging strategy consultant, she turned her back on material possessions and career shortly after turning 30 and has been living in an Astrovan to run and climb full-time ever since.
Sunny's overarching passion is to be active and push her limits in the side- and backcountry, spanning a multitude of sports from big-wall climbs over multi-day paddling trips to 100 milers and everything in between.
As a storyteller, she draws on her experiences and adventures as a professional mountain athlete to connect with her audience through captivating visuals and engaging presentations - focusing on topics such as transformation, goal setting, perseverance, female empowerment and systematic decision-making in high risk environments.
Sunny is a photographer for Aurora Photos whose images have appeared (among others) in Outside Online, Forbes, TrailRun Mag and print ads for brands like adidas Outdoor and Metolius Climbing.
- San Miguel Rich List 2017: Trailblazer Sunny Stroeer
- Outside Online: Meet The Fastest Woman You've Never Heard Of
- NBC: A Woman on a Mission to Integrate the Boys Club of Action Sports
- REI Co-Op Journal: Relentless Forward Motion
- GrindTV: Why One Adventure Athlete Traded the Corporate World for Mountain Running
- Poets and Quants: This Harvard MBA Quit Bain To Embrace #vanlife
- Harvard Business School Alumni Bulletin: In My Humble Opinion: Career Peak
- The Adventure Blog: Mountain Runner Sets Female Aconcagua Speed Record
- Revista Oxígeno: Nuevo récord de velocidad femenino al Aconcagua
- Globetrotter Magazine: Aus der Höhenkammer zum Aconcagua
- Merkur - GAP Tagblatt: Die Schnellste am Aconcagua