Sunny is a free spirit and adventurer. Formerly a hard-charging strategy consultant, she turned her back on material possessions and career shortly after turning 30 in order to live in an Astrovan so she could run and climb full-time instead.
Sunny's overarching passion is to be active and push her limits in the side- and backcountry, spanning a multitude of sports from big-wall climbs over multi-day paddling trips to 100 milers and everything in between. Her specialty is the high altitude endurance realm; she holds speed records on Aconcagua and on the Annapurna Circuit.
As a storyteller, she draws on her experiences and adventures as a professional mountain athlete to connect with her audience through captivating visuals and engaging presentations - focusing on topics such as transformation, goal setting, perseverance, female empowerment and systematic decision-making in high risk environments.
Sunny is a photographer for Aurora Photos whose images have appeared (among others) in National Geographic, Outside Online, Forbes, TrailRun Mag and print ads for brands like adidas Outdoor and Metolius Climbing.
She holds the following outdoor certificates:
- Wilderness First Responder
- Level 2 AIARE Avalanche Rescue
- PADI Divemaster (and Rescue Diver)
Select Outside Mentions
- Boulder Weekly: Not More, Just Better
- Alpinist: Full Circle - How and Why Sunny Stroeer Became the First Woman To...
- 5280 Magazine: Sunny Stroeer is on an 812 Mile Mission for Wilderness Preservation
- National Geographic: First Woman Finishes Famed South American Mountain Route
- Outside Online: Sunny Stroeer's FKT on Annapurna Circuit is Crazy
- Outside Online: Meet The Fastest Woman You've Never Heard Of
- NBC: A Woman on a Mission to Integrate the Boys Club of Action Sports
- REI Co-Op Journal: Relentless Forward Motion
- Sidetracked Magazine: Free Spirit – An Interview with Sunny Stroeer
- San Miguel Rich List 2017: Trailblazer Sunny Stroeer
- GrindTV: Why One Adventure Athlete Traded the Corporate World for Mountain Running
- Poets and Quants: This Harvard MBA Quit Bain To Embrace #vanlife
- Harvard Business School Alumni Bulletin: In My Humble Opinion: Career Peak
- Revista Oxígeno: Nuevo récord de velocidad femenino al Aconcagua
- Globetrotter Magazine: Aus der Höhenkammer zum Aconcagua
- Merkur - GAP Tagblatt: Die Schnellste am Aconcagua
- The Adventure Blog: New Speed Record on Annapurna Circuit
- Himalayan Adventure Lab: New Women's FKT on Annapurna Circuit by Sunny Stroeer